Shell and tube heat exchanger8
As a traditional heat exchanger, shell and tube heat exchanger has a long history of application, which is widely used in many industrial sectors, especially in chemical, petroleum, energy and other industries. It consists of many tubes, which form the heat transfer surface of the heat exchanger, so it is also called tubular heat exchanger.
The shell is mostly cylindrical, with tube bundle inside, and both ends of the tube bundle are fixed on the tube plate. There are two kinds of cold and hot fluids for heat exchange: one flows in the tube, which is called tube side fluid; the other flows outside the tube, which is called shell side fluid. In order to improve the heat transfer coefficient of the fluid outside the tube, several baffles are usually installed in the shell. The baffle can increase the fluid velocity in the shell side, force the fluid to cross the tube bundle several times according to the specified distance, and enhance the fluid turbulence degree.
● simple structure and easy manufacturing
● large capacity (1-2000m3 / h)
● wide selection of materials (carbon steel, stainless steel, copper and other metals)
● stable and reliable working condition
● strong adaptability (applicable to almost all industries)
● adapt to high temperature and pressure (< 800 ° C; < 6.0MPa)
Previous：Shell and tube heat exchanger